Physiotherapy is a specialized rehabilitation treatment that helps in improving the condition of the patient after some injury or accident. The purpose is to uplift the mobility and let him enjoy a happy life. This treatment targets the following objectives
- Injury prevention
- General health and fitness
The most interesting part of this treatment is that the physiotherapist in canberra helps you in becoming a part of the treatment that itself is a highly motivating factor for the patients under treatment.
For those who are visiting the physiotherapist for the first time it is also important to check if the insurance provider is covering the expenses of the physiotherapist or not as sometimes the treatment can be really expensive.
How can physiotherapist help?
A physiotherapist is qualified specialist in the field of movement. They are trained to acquire the knowledge regarding injury identification and treatment.
When do I need a physiotherapist?
If you have received an injury or you are suffering from severe pain then you must be finding it hard to cope with the daily routine. To handle these kinds of challenges that are preventing the patient from normal activities, the doctor would suggest an urgent visit for rehabilitation. It is essential treatment for the patients who have undergone surgeries like knee replacement etc.
How can a physiotherapist help?
The job of a physiotherapist targets two main jobs: prevention and rehabilitation. The course of treatment targets the disability, injury and ailment. With these targets the physiotherapeutic procedures can help in following conditions:
- Muscular problems leading to excessive pain in neck and back.
- Medical issues with bones and joints like post-amputation condition and treatment of arthritis
- Problems with respiratory system especially with the lungs
- Cardiac ailments
- Post natal pelvic problems with the mother
- Damage to nervous system due to any traumatic condition or diseases like Parkinson’s disease.
- Muscular problems arising after long term ailments like cancer.
How does a physiotherapist work?
Physiotherapy targets the individual problems. Therefore, each session is different from the other. The session is a step by step procedure where the physiotherapist tries to find the real cause of the problem, diagnose the issue and then tries to resolve it. The session takes place in following ways:
- The first thing to trace the history of the problem.
- The specialist gets to know the real problem.
- After the diagnosis is complete the specialist decides the goals.
- An exercise plan is created and the possible devices are decided.